Tom Cruise is an America-based actor and director, best known for his role as secret agent Ethan Hunt in the film series the Mission: Impossible. He is one of America’s top movie stars, and in 2012, he was the highest-paid actor in Hollywood.
He was born to a cruel father in New York and spent his early life near poverty. Nobody in his early life indicated that he would one day become one of the world’s most distinguished actors.
Nevertheless, destiny had other intentions for him, and as a nineteen-year-old, he set himself up for a minor part in the movie called “Endless Love.”
· Tom Cruise, initially Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, was born in Syracuse. His mother, Mary Lee, was a special school teacher, and his father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III, was an electrical architect. He grew up with the affection of three lovely sisters.
· He was brought up in near poverty and had a harsh upbringing. His father was a fierce man who would whack young Tom on the flimsiest of pretexts.
· When his father got a station in the Canadian Armed Forces, the family relocated to Canada. Nevertheless, Tom Cruise’s parents separated after a few years, and he returned to the United States with his mama and three sisters.
Career and major works
· He evacuated his calendars to become a preacher in his late teen years and instead sought a career as a performer. As a nineteen-year-old, he wandered to New York and was profitable in securing a small position in the 1981 film ‘Endless Love.’
· He depicted Joel Goodson in the emotional comedy ‘Risky Business’ in 1983, after tinkering small degrees in a few more movies. The picture was a wreck hit, and Tom Cruise’s chocolate-boy interest looks earned him the heartthrob of millions of American teenage girls.
· In 1986, he played Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a rookie naval aviator aboard the USS Enterprise aircraft, in the action-drama film “Top Gun.” This film was also a big success.
· One of his most well-known films is the war drama ‘Born on the Fourth of July’ in 1989. The cruise was selected for an Academy Award for his accomplishment as Ron Kovic in the movie. The picture was a significant and monetary success.
· With virtually $2 billion all across the globe gross, the series is the seventeenth highest-grossing movie sequel of all time, and it has assisted Cruise in conserving his dignitary significance throughout the years.
Achievements and Awards
· Tom Cruise has earned 3 Golden Globes, including The “Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture” – Drama of “Born on the Fourth of July” in 1990 and best performance by an actor in a movie Comedy Musical for ‘Jerry Maguire’ in the year 1997.
· In 2003, he was awarded the National Mentoring Partnership with the Value in Mentoring Award for his tributes to the organization.
· In 2005, he received the ‘Special David’ citation from the David di Donatello honors.
· For his endeavor as a sincere benefactor, Cruise obtained a humanitarian citation from the Simon Wiesenthal Centre and Museum of Tolerance in 2011.