Tems is one of the biggest emerging names in the Nigerian music scene. She is a singer, songwriter and producer, who is gaining a lot of attention for her unique and powerful sound.
Her music is a mixture of alternative R&B, soul, and hip-hop, and her lyrics are full of emotion and thought-provoking topics. Tems has already achieved a great deal of success in her career, and she is quickly becoming a major force in the Nigerian music industry.
In this blog post, we will explore the life and career of Tems, and look at ten facts about the singer.
Early Life and Career
1. Tems is from Lagos, Nigeria and was born in 1997.
2. She began her music career in 2017, when she released her debut single, “Try Me”.
3. She released her second single, “Looku Looku”, in 2018 and it quickly gained traction in the Nigerian music scene.
4. In 2019, she released her debut EP, “For Broken Ears”, which featured collaborations with producers like Spax, Nonso Amadi, and Odunsi the Engine.
5. Tems was featured on Wizkid’s “Essence” single in 2020, which further boosted her profile in the Nigerian music industry.
6. In 2020, Tems was nominated for Best New Act at the Soundcity MVP Awards.
7. She was also nominated for Best Female Artist at the 2020 Headies Awards.
8. Tems was featured on the cover of a major Nigerian magazine, the Guardian Life.
9. She was featured on the 2020 Apple Music Up Next list, which recognizes emerging talent.
10. She won the Best New Artist award at the 2020 All Africa Music Awards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What type of music does Tems sing?
A. Tems sings a mixture of alternative R&B, soul, and hip-hop music.
Q. When did Tems begin her music career?
A. Tems began her music career in 2017 when she released her debut single, “Try Me”.
Q. What awards has Tems won?
A. Tems has won the Best New Artist award at the 2020 All Africa Music Awards.
Q. Who are some of the producers Tems has collaborated with?
A. Tems has collaborated with producers like Spax, Nonso Amadi, and Odunsi the Engine.
Q. What magazine featured Tems on their cover?
A. Tems was featured on the cover of the Guardian Life magazine in 2020.
Tems is one of the most exciting emerging talents in the Nigerian music scene. Her unique sound and thought-provoking lyrics have garnered her a great deal of attention and success in her career.
She has already achieved a great deal of success in her career, and it is clear that she has a bright future ahead of her. With her powerful voice and inspiring music, Tems is sure to continue to make waves in the Nigerian music industry for years to come.